2023 LTCIF Annual Conference
The 2023 LTCIF Annual Conference will be held on September 13-15, 2023 at:
JW Marriott New Orleans
614 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA, 70130
The forum will begin on Wednesday, September 13 at 1:30 p.m. and conclude around 11:30 a.m. on Friday, September 15. This year, time is reserved Wednesday evening for individual networking events. A reception and forum dinner will be held Thursday evening.
Use this link to book your hotel reservation for the LTCIF Annual Conference
LTCIF 2023 Conference Highlights
- LTCIF will again be partnering with the Anti-Fraud Forum. The Forum will be held at the beginning of the LTCIF conference on Wednesday September 13th from 9AM to 12PM.
- Join us for underwriting and claims breakout sessions for peer-to-peer discussion. Bring your questions, knowledge, and experience.
- MD/Specialist challenge-bring your medical underwriting and claims questions to the experts. This is an open and interactive session.
- Brent Varnadoe, illumifin
- Gregory Soltner, Northwestern Mutual Long-Term Care
- Navigating cognitive underwriting: Beyond cognitive screening, what else is helpful? One carrier's experience. Topics will include perspectives on new policies and lapses of issued policies with possible need for care.
- Courtney Kallquist, Northwestern Mutual Long-Term Care
- Victoria Walter, Northwestern Mutual Long-Term Care
- Vulnerable adults in long-term care: What is elder abuse? This session will explore the role of Adult Protective Services (APS), the importance of staff education, and tools and services available to identify and mitigate abuse.
- Deb Martin - Thrivent
- Carey Wagner - illumifin
- Paula Johnson - illumifin
- Legal Panel - Deposition Bootcamp: Join us for an informative, engaging, and enlightening program that will include interactive mock deposition vignettes, designed to walk you through the deposition process.
- Stephen Buccola, Esquire - Fuzion
- Melissa Cowan, Esquire - Burke, Williams & Sorensen LLP
- Meg Sarkesian - CNA
- Jane Bagley, Esquire - Fuzion
- The Hybrid Product Market: A discussion on the evolution of the combination hybrid product marketplace as well as strategies involved in the underwriting and claims processes for these products.
- Michael Hamilton, Lincoln Financial
- Arlene Hendricks, Lincoln Financial
- Denise Cochran, One America
- Hybrid Product Litigation: Sales of hybrid/combination products continue to increase at a steady pace. Often marketed as "less risky" than standalone LTCi since there is an alternative death benefit if the rider isn't triggered. As more products are sold, more claims are being submitted. As claims increase, so does litigation. Learn the particulars of litigation matters and some of the "things to watch" regarding the marketing and sales of combination products in the future.
- Sandra Jones, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Industry update across the LTCi Landscape: As interest in LTC financing solutions grows, the public LTC program landscape has expanded at the federal and state levels. Join us as we recap the latest in proposed LTC legislation, provide updates on existing programs, and examine lessons learned.
- Gabe Alboukrek, Oliver Wyman
- LTC Wellness Survey discussion. Panel discussion with findings from Oliver Wyman's most recent Wellness survey as well as the current landscape of wellness in LTCi, including lessons learned from early programs, the current regulatory landscape, and how wellness programs might factor into the future development and underwriting of new products and the claim experience for existing long term care coverage.re
- Nolan Tully, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath
- Michael Rustemeyer, Oliver Wyman
- Modernizing Your Workflow Using Technology: Come see how technology can improve your workflows and provide a better experience both internally and externally.
- Jim DuEst, Davies Life & Health
- Duane Anderson, Fuzion